To prove as wrong the postulations of some Nigerians that police officers are harsh and un-friendly, the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin on Thursday put some officers in to test.

In what he called “social experiment” carried out yesterday, Hundeyin states that he was asked for something cheerfully by an officer, when he was on mufti at Ikeja Lagos.

Narrating his experience, Hundeyin via his Twitter handle said that Nigerian police officers are good and kind, noting that they should be appreciated for standing all the time with lesser pay.

His words: “I finally carried out my social experiments. I drove around Ikeja at about 11:50pm, in mufti, in a private car. I passed through two police points. I spent five seconds at the first without a word from the police officer. He simply waved me on this.

“I spent thirty seconds at the second. Officer: You be Uber? Me: No. it’s my personal car. Officer: Find me something na. Me: I no get anything. Officer: See as you fine. Find me something na. Me: (silence). Officer: Oya, dey go.

“On both occasions, immediately I was flagged down, I switched on the cabin light and wound down the glass on my side. I greeted first. In addition to this, in the second scenario, I smiled and deliberately appeared friendly".